Set Back Thermostat success

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCweld

Feb 26, 2010
N.E. Pa.(Lackawanna Co.)
I have a 800 Sq. Ft. finished family room in the basement very well insulated with a Harman P68.We get some heat upstairs in the kitchen
and living room. I set up the programmable thermostat to come on for 3 hrs in the morning and 5 hrs at night.
It really has been working great and I would not have had the confidence to do something like this without the people on this forum taking the time to
help others. Thanks all .
Matt

Hey Matt!!!

I'm in Lackawanna Cty too,,, Live up the Eynon,,,,,,,,

John

McWeld,

Would you mind telling me how you set your thermostat up and what kind it is and how it is wired??? I'm having some issues with mine and not getting much help... You can read my post under XXV (5 blinks). Thanks!!!

Do a search on the forum for the following threads they explain it far better than me:

Harman Stove Programmable Thermostat install guide

setback thermostats and Harman Pellet stoves

One thing I did do is put terminals on the ends of the thermostat wire so I can put the programmable on and off without
cutting the sensor wire
I just got a 5-2 programmable thermostat at Lowes, it was 24.00 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.