Set for next season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FishHarder

Mar 1, 2015
PA
uploadfromtaptalk1456742160404.jpg

Dropped 2 huge Maples today. Guess I'm gonna need to order me some new sharp chains. Alot a 18s to make hehehe

Love burning maple

Just a hint............get some safety gear to work with :rolleyes:

bob

Looks like ALOT of work there. Im jealous tho.

Isn't it great to get ahold of something like that this early in the year. Get all you can I know I would.

Yea just got 2 new chains for the Timberwolf. She's gonna get a workout for sure. I wear headphones and enjoy some tunes while cutting. That's my ear pertction. And my sunglasses. That guy in the pic was my brother in law. Some guys are too cool for school

Not sure if I'm more excited to cut it all up or make that 22ton county line earn it's place in the garage. Anyone have a good trick to eyeballing 18s. Still green to the firewood game so I keep measuring lol

Not sure if I'm more excited to cut it all up or make that 22ton county line earn it's place in the garage. Anyone have a good trick to eyeballing 18s. Still green to the firewood game so I keep measuring lol
Make a mark on your chainsaw case that is 18" from the tip of the bar. After you cut each round, put the mark on the previous cut line, set the tip down, then move the chainsaw while maintaining contact at the tip, then make your cut. As you do this, you will be cutting from right to left, with the rounds piling up to your right and the remaining wood to cut on your left.

It's not exact, but you're not building cabinetry either. Close is good enough.

Good haul there.

I've found it easiest to get a stick and a can of spraypaint. Line paint works best because you hold the can upside down. Then mark everything. That way you can just cut cut cut and not worry about anything else.

Yea just got 2 new chains for the Timberwolf. She's gonna get a workout for sure. I wear headphones and enjoy some tunes while cutting. That's my ear pertction. And my sunglasses. That guy in the pic was my brother in law. Some guys are too cool for school

Look at that Timberwolf. If it has an 18 inch bar you are in business. Just lay it along the log and notice where the tip is.

Status
Not open for further replies.