Setting draft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reg1952

Sep 5, 2012
Guelph Ont.
Hey everyone this is my first post.Have been looking around here for a little while and getting educated on pellet stoves.Have installed an Enviro Maxx and got it all working.I even purchased a Magnahelic gauge to set it up.I was looking at all the workings of the stove at the back and see that there is a line leading to the vacumn switch.I was thinking of teeing into this line and mounting my gauge on the wall behind the stove so I could moniter the draft.Any thoughts?

Hi:
Welcome! I have an Enviro Maxx & last year was my first burn. Look in your installation manual Pg 17 at he
bottom. It states : "The reading can be taken from a 1/8" (3mm) hole located in the front of the unit below the
ash shelf on the right side. I put a brass threaded (one end) & barb fitting. You will have to look for the hole
because it is hard to find. I really like the Enviro Maxx, it's a great stove & you will like it. A fella named
J Tankman (sorry if I spelled your name wrong Jay) is the senior man on Enviro Maxx, he has a lot of info.

A fella named
J Tankman (sorry if I spelled your name wrong Jay) is the senior man on Enviro Maxx, he has a lot of info.

Your close. ==c

I was thinking of teeing into this line and mounting my gauge on the wall behind the stove so I could moniter the draft.Any thoughts?

Sure you can. Good tool to keep an eye things. Just don't get to tinker happy. Make sure the stove is well warmed up before playing. Draft readings tend to be slightly lower on a cold stove.

Welcome to the group and enjoy your stay with us. Post a pic of your stove so we can all drool over it! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.