Setting the Thermostat tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHATEPROPANE

Minister of Fire
Feb 24, 2011
NoPellettons, MA
Was trying to hold off until Oct but I think tonight I will be setting the stove to turn on before we wake up.

Last time the overnight low was calling for high 30's my house was 61 when I woke up.....lucky to be alive when the woman woke up freezing.

I set mine weeks ago. Of course it is at 56 but what the heck. I have cheated and turned it on in the morning just to take the chill out. Several times already it has been in the 30's here away from the city.

I just got the inside of my Castille painted on Saturday and did a burn off yesterday. Had all the windows open and the stove was roaring. Yes sir reee...

IT'S ON!

Believe it or not, it is actually supposed to go down to the 30's tonight here in PA as well. Looks like it's gonna be an early season.

Ahhh man, There dropping like flies! Maybe the time for a test burn? Supposed to cold enough for a frost tonight!

Just can't do it,(heavy breathing) Must wait until October. Errrr ahhh eeeek. Must wait until October! :(

Ahhh man, There dropping like flies! Maybe the time for a test burn? Supposed to cold enough for a frost tonight!

Just can't do it,(heavy breathing) Must wait until October. Errrr ahhh eeeek. Must wait until October! :(
It's OK J, no one will hold it against you if you give in. We all need to run test burns right?

Reactions: jtakeman
Still holding out here. 40 min north of philly. The lows are still in the 40s here. The house is a very comfortable 70.

Squeal , oink look at the those folks who are supposed to be pigs just getting all worked up over nothing and wanting to deplete their stashes. Look if you wish to deplete your stashes just ship them to me freight prepaid and I'll let them survive a bit longer.

Thanks bear, We decided to throw something in the oven, Dinner will be a little late, But the house is nice and warm. Pies going next! Apple pie and ice cream for desert. I might skip the cold stuff. Hot cup a joe to wash it down. Decaf of coarse.

I didn't have a choice. Got home and the wife had it going. Tried to turn it off a couple of times and almost got killed. At least it's almost October.

Can your wife call my wife? I want my stove on but the wifey says save the fuel! :mad:

That's interesting. My wife bought 2 skillets off your wife's website!!!!

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Status
Not open for further replies.