Severe Thunderstorm Watch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's something you don't see often....severe t-storm watch and frost advisory all on the same page; (scroll down).

We had some move through yesterday. Was in the forecast for today but they backed off. It was cloudy this morning but sunny this afternoon. A tad muggy. More rain tomorrow then it cools off. High in the 50's Thursday then back to 60's.

81::F now (9 pm), Thursday's low is to be 44::F - guess I have to bring up more wood. :(

We got hit pretty good in our area, boating season was just made a bit shorter. The good, the house and the surrounding trees made it through without a scratch, the bad.... I could only make it back in on our property I cut on about 1/2 mile, 3-4 Hemlocks down just off the trail, a top of a good size White Pine is blocking the trail with some Cherry.

I did check on our neighbors, all were safe but we still are without power (not a big deal). It looks like Mother Nature gaves us more work, milling and firewood.

Pics later. They say we could get some more storms later today, it looks like we might be in for another round on Thursday.

Attachments

• spc_day1_small.gif
    spc_day1_small.gif
    42.1 KB · Views: 196
Theres some lines getting close here, but tomorrow, lots of storms coming.

Theres some lines getting close here, but tomorrow, lots of storms coming.
The storms went north of us last night, stay safe.

Zap

FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM NOON EDT TODAY THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A
* FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR THE NORTHERN ADIRONDACKS OF NEW YORK...THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY...AND THE REMAINDER OF VERMONT.
* FROM NOON EDT TODAY THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING
* THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE RAINFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES AN HOUR. THESE STORMS WILL BE TRAINING...OR MOVING OVER THE SAME AREA...AND THIS WILL INCREASE THE THREAT FOR FLASH FLOODING.
* FLASH FLOODING WILL OCCUR QUICKLY...THUS ROADS CAN FLOOD IN A VERY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME...SMALL RIVERS CAN RISE RAPIDLY...AND CULVERTS CAN FILL UP QUICKLY. ALL OF THESE SITUATIONS CAN LEAD TO FLOODING IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS MAY DEVELOP THAT LEAD TO FLASH FLOODING. FLASH FLOODING IS A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.
YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS BE ISSUED.

This sucks!

Watching it storm now with my freshly opened Yuengling. :)

So far the storms have not hit us today, most went southeast of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.