Shagbark embers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesister

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2012
Upstate NY
Just thought it was cool the way the log broke up into cubes of glowing chunks.
And those lovely purple violet flames.....
20160106_224515.jpg

20160106_224447.jpg

I was kind of mad that maybe someone on here wished for this premature deep freeze so they could light up their boiler/stove/insert. But I put my Christmas decorations up the other night.
The silver lining to this single digit stuff.

Looks nice. I've got some hickory I'm just waiting for a bone chilling night or two.

Told my brother this summer that I had hickory in the woodpile and his eyes popped out of his head. Like I had performed the most blasphemous act known to man by cutting one down.
I was debating bundling up a "roll" of splits and sharing some of it with him. He used to heat with wood but only has an outdoor fireplace now.

Shag bark is great wood have about a cord two plus years old big splits just waiting for a cold spell to use them. I do agree with Applesister you almost feel bad cutting them down there nice trees, but great firewood good for smokers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.