Shaver is the worst company I have ever had to deal with!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acheck

Nov 19, 2009
WI
I am very unsatisfied with Shaver. We ordered an outdoor wood burner on Oct. 23 and were told that since we ordered an "in stock" one that it would only be 1-2 weeks for it to be delivered and at our house. On Nov. 5th we decided that since we hadn't heard anything back we would call and find out what was going on. We were then told that our "in stock" furnace was waiting for plumbing parts and would ship out on the 18th of Nov. at the latest and they would try to get it out earlier. After not hearing anything from them again I called on the 17th of Nov. and was now told that it wouldn't be leaving until the 20th and when they go on their route we would not get it til the 21st at the earliest. If it comes on the 21st that is a month later not 1-2 weeks. I have tried to talk to people at Shaver and have gotten different answers everytime I call. The place is a total joke. One guy, "Jimmy" even had nerve enough to tell me that "that is just how shipping is in every company". Are you kidding me? What kind of company are you running? I would never reccomend this company to anyone ever! I wish I would have seen this site with the other posts before we ordered, this must be a recurring problem with them and I would think they would try to fix it. I hope I hear back from them and if my product is not at my house on the 21st I will cancel my order with a doubt. I would rate this company a zero (0) in customer satisfaction and would encourage people to not put themselves through the headache and runaround these people put you through.

If you get this kind of customer service before you receive your unit what do you think it will be like if you have a problem later? Don't you worry about warranty support? If I were in your shoes and had zero confidence in Shaver I would cancel my order immediately. Customer support post-sale can be very important with wood burners. If I were you I'd consider my options very carefully.

Can you cancel your order? I would...especially if it was done on a credit card.

I would agree with the cancel order suggestion... Not to mention the notion that you might want to look into an alternative boiler at any rate that could give you a cleaner, less wood hungry burn...

Gooserider

Ditto to all the above.

I know you are probably anxious to get it installed before winter but that logic will seem futile if or when the unit gives you problems after it's put in operation and you can't return it. Better to sacrifice a couple months of burn time and get a good product installed right. That will pay dividends for years to come.

Cancel, cancel, cancel that order. If it arrives at your home have them send it back. I got burned once with a combination of absolutely no customer service after the sale and substandard build materials. I hate to see someone spend twice what they should have - like me. Go with a reputable, established company. Heaterman hit the nail on the head!! Everyone's situation is different--take your time, there is plenty of info to read here--GOOD LUCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.