She wasn't crazy about me using her Kirby but...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It did a great job. Like an idiot I showed her the new Harman insert

Tried to post a picture from my phone...didn't work. My wife's Kirby really did a great job though. The angled hose helped get into the tight spots and no dust blowing out. I'll try to post a picture again

Last edited:
IMAG1211.jpg

Is the stove hooked up yet??

Ahhh man not yet. I've changed my mind 3 times myself and now I've got a woman involved in the decision!!!. She wants to go get the Harman insert and I gotta admit it would look good in that fireplace. I did get most of my pellets though. Two tons of prestos and a ton of Lignetic premium in the basement stacked. Going to grab one more ton next week.

Since its not installed yet have you checked the gaskets etc.? Your a long ways south of me but the heating season is coming fast and getting all the maintenance out of the way before it comes is a good feeling.

Reactions: herdfan2003
Do yourself a favor, don't use that vacuum for the stove; you're asking for trouble. Get a vacuum made for vacuuming ash.

Tom

Do her and yourself a big favor and change the bag now. If she sees the mess you wont never see the end.:)

Revenge is best served cold

God help you if ever suck up a hot ember and catch that thing on fire......................

I used a regular shop vac with dry wall bags couple weeks ago to get the stoves ready for the next heating season. About the only time the vac wont get put out after stove cleaning as the stove have been out for three months.

Kirby! i used to have one of those! best vac ever. Weighed as much as a small car, and dimmed the lights when it ran but man did it suck everything out of the carpet in a hurry. I wouldnt clean out my pellet stove with one of those tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.