Shed or no shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimum handling.

I figure mine about as few handlings as I can.

1 cut to length
2. into sled or cart
3. out of sled or cart
4. split and stack onto pallets made into a "U" with braces.

Every other move is with the cab tractor. I'm still working on where to stack those.. but moving 1/3 of a cord at a time isn't bad. It's all the tractor wants.. but going slow listening to the stereo isn't bad.

Plan to drive em right into the garage and feed to boiler from there. Figure room for 4 pallets in the garage. That's over a cord inside where it's high 30s humidity, and radiant floor heat. Ought to finish off the drying good.

Need a pallet jack to move em around once inside.

JP

JP11 said:
Need a pallet jack to move em around once inside.

Oh, good idea! I can only get so far into the garage with the tractor. (Dumb tractor design, it has a foldover ROPS, but the exhaust still sticks up just as high! :-( )

Carbon_Liberator said:
Thanks for the compliments on the woodshed everyone. %-P
Sure beats the old tarps.
daveswoodhauler said:
Carbon, If this is the shed I remember...post a link to your video regarding the "trap door".....this is one of the most intriguing sheds I have ever seen.
Here ya go Dave. :)

Well sonofagun! I WANT that!!! It would be an AWESOME root cellar!!

I know it's wrong . . . but all I can think when I see CL's secret lair is . . . She rubs the lotion on her skin. I know, I know . . . I'm not right in the head.

Thanks everyone. I think because I'm dying to build something that I will build a shed for seasoned or almost seasoned wood for two years worth and let green wood season in rows outside and then just rotate. Thanks for all the advice

This is my first full year burning. I have a small shed.
The stuff from the shed burns better then the top covered stacks.
Holds about 1 1/2 cord.

Attachments

• shedF.jpg
    shedF.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 186
Burnbaby said:
Thanks everyone. I think because I'm dying to build something that I will build a shed for seasoned or almost seasoned wood for two years worth and let green wood season in rows outside and then just rotate. Thanks for all the advice

Since you like to build.
Build some single row seasoning racks too. 5' high "mini wood sheds" with a long narrow roof lines :)
Been kicking that one around myself, to help keep the rain & snow off the seasoning stuff & the dry wood (spruce) that don't fit in the shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.