shes a glowin now!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrendfrey

Jan 15, 2012
green mtns vt
well as a couple people have walked me through the last couple day with the startup of my fireview ive been having a little trouble as ive never used a cat stove before. today i took some of my wood outside and split it down smaller. cut it at least in half. just loaded up the stove at 620pm and its up to 500 degrees at 700pm. both sides of my cat are now glowing red and its 80 degrees in here. lol im happy. its about 32 degrees outside and snowing real wet flakes not sticking yet. woke up this morning to a wet dusting. thanks guys for all the help again now ive got a warm house without breaking the bank so much appreciated!! pics are coming

Grats. I love the fire when it's snowing outside. Makes you feel like you're cheating to be so warm for so cheap.

Glad to hear it's cranking now, sit back and enjoy...... :)

....its about 32 degrees outside and snowing real wet flakes not sticking yet. woke up this morning to a wet dusting. thanks guys for all the help again now ive got a warm house without breaking the bank so much appreciated!! pics are coming

Sounds like it is getting to be right pretty up theyah in Vermont. ahya. :)

well as a couple people have walked me through the last couple day with the startup of my fireview ive been having a little trouble as ive never used a cat stove before. today i took some of my wood outside and split it down smaller. cut it at least in half. just loaded up the stove at 620pm and its up to 500 degrees at 700pm. both sides of my cat are now glowing red and its 80 degrees in here. lol im happy. its about 32 degrees outside and snowing real wet flakes not sticking yet. woke up this morning to a wet dusting. thanks guys for all the help again now ive got a warm house without breaking the bank so much appreciated!! pics are coming

So happy this is all it took. Can you describe the size of the splits you were using? Perhaps a picture would help too. As for the snow....., keep it.

Glad it is working out.

splits are about 4 inches outside diameter now. i was using about double that size before and having a hard time getting the good heat. also i am learning this stove i was trying to wait until stove top was 250 but noticed most of the wood was charcoaling way to fast with raging jet flame fire. decided to flip the cat lever at about 220 or so and cat lights off so im thinking maybe monitor flue pipe temps. i havent been watching stove top temps for cat engagement been watching for top end heat. all seems to be going well hottest ive had stove is almost 500. thanks again guys

splits are about 4 inches outside diameter now. i was using about double that size before and having a hard time getting the good heat. also i am learning this stove i was trying to wait until stove top was 250 but noticed most of the wood was charcoaling way to fast with raging jet flame fire. decided to flip the cat lever at about 220 or so and cat lights off so im thinking maybe monitor flue pipe temps. i havent been watching stove top temps for cat engagement been watching for top end heat. all seems to be going well hottest ive had stove is almost 500. thanks again guys

Sounds good. You might want to keep some of those larger splits though for use during those cold winter nights. We like to put a large one or even a round in the bottom rear when stocking up for nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.