She's gone from suck to blow...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strangemainer

Sep 2, 2008
Waterboro, Maine
Man, what a difference cleaning the room air blower makes! Wish I had done it sooner.
Ive gone through 2.5 tons in my first season of heating and today was the first time I pulled
the back off and vacuumed in there.
I haven't even turned it up past 1-1!!

Is it even going to be necessary to pull the blower and replace the gasket this summer if I
can clean it this good?
Thanks for the insight pigs.

I wish Englander would have mentioned the fan thing and the hundred other things i learned from this web-site in the owners manual.

If all the stove owners manuals had all that info in them no one would come to this site :)

jtp10181 said:
If all the stove owners manuals had all that info in them no one would come to this site :)
EXACTLY!

Then what would I do after I got home from fixing fireplaces all day.....

jtp10181 said:
Then what would I do after I got home from fixing fireplaces all day.....

craig's list? Or maybe e-bay?

so what do you guys think about the blower gasket?

Depends on how old your stove is. Mine is 4 years old and the gasket shows no signs of wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.