shop/ service manual for engine on 89 Ford/ IH 7.3?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pybyr

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2008
Adamant, VT 05640
I fell into a pile of poo from which I emerged smelling of something good, and ended up the owner of a 1989 Ford F350 4x4 with only 12,500 original miles, previously owned and maintained by the USAF and a local volunteer fire department., and always kpet in heated garages.

I've ordered the official Furd shop manuals for the truck from ebay, but they do not include the engine. This is the indirect-injected, pre-turbo IHC 7.3.

I'd like to get any shop, service, and parts manuals that I can for the engine- anyone got some copies kicking around - or have suggestions of there to get them from some non-extorter?

I won't be near the 'puter much in the next few days (out in the deer woods) but appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

Trevor

Got a Ford shop manual for my 1990 stang off ebay for like 60 bucks shipped. Worth every single penny.

Perhaps I should have read the whole post before posting! With that said, perhaps IH put out some kind of tech literature on it at some point that you could rustle up?

Best bet is your IH dealer. Second guess would be the Ford dealer. Lots of times those diesels have a separate manual. Congrats on the great find though!

Got mine on eBay. You want the 7.3l Diesel Service Supplement; for everything else on the truck, look for the regular F350 FSM.

Congrats - the 7.3l is a superb engine. Built like a tank, all mechanical operation, parts are CHEAP compared with the PowerStrokes, and you'll need fewer of them 'cause they don't break as often.

One tip: do NOT buy Autolite glowplugs. Just. Don't.

-=[ Grant ]=-

Status
Not open for further replies.