Shop vac attachment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donn Fletcher

Jan 10, 2012
South Western NH
I built this attachment for my ash vac the other day. Best $3.00 I can remember spending. I've seen nicer ash vacs with this attachment but couldn't find it anywhere to buy. A trip to the local TruValue, a rubber plug, and 20 inches of half inch flex tubing and I have a great attachment that gets into the tight areas you can't get to to clean. My HarmanXXV has some hard areas to get to. image.jpg image.jpg

Atta boy Donn....That is perfect. I sell those things- they come in a little kit for the Cheetah Ash Vac. Yours looks almost identical to the ones we sell. The long suction tube is so important for the way bach crevices and ignitor chambers.

i did the same thing except using a rubber plug, i used
a 1 1/2 " rubber pipe cap to go over the vac tube.....works wicked sweet

My Thelin stove came with one from the factory, it sure makes it easier to do my cleaning.

i used a piece of seal tight from work and attach it to my vacuum its great to get in the back of the stove and at a cost of free was great for me

Very nice.. Nailed Nailer has turned some out of wood and they are beautiful.

That suction hose and a blow line with a 1/4" line off the end are 2 awesome tools to have, along with the Leaf Blower ;)

I bought a Craftsman car cleaning kit for my shop vac a while back, the hose for that
is much smaller and fits into the P35i exhaust passage great. It also fits into the ignitor
area real easy.

And while looking up the official terminology in the manual I'm realizing apparently I've
been doing almost all the monthly cleanings every week.. But it's still fun for me and
the wife doesn't know it's not necessary =P

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.