Shop Vac filters for fine ash-washable

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

I was doing a little research to find a good shop-vac filter ( I really don't want to buy a separate vacuum for the stove) to clean my (hopefully) soon to be delivered pellet stove, and came across this....looks perfect for cleaning ash from the stove. It's also re-usable by washing out and let dry.

www.cleanstream.com/store/3313209089.html

For shop-vac brand vacs, just buy some sheetrock filter bags to put over the inlet. The pleated filter is the last line of defense.

BeGreen said:
For shop-vac brand vacs, just buy some sheetrock filter bags to put over the inlet. The pleated filter is the last line of defense.

Can you lead me to the best place to buy them? Lowes? Home Depot? Their both close to me. And do I just ask for a "sheetrock filter bag"?

Thanks

or just buy one of HEPA filters to got along with the sheat rock bags.

OK, thanks everybody...I'll take a trip to Lowes & HD today and check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.