1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

shop vac filters

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by cms0553, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cms0553

cms0553 Member

Loc:
    Trumbull County, Ohio
    i have a stinger 2.5 gal wet/dry vac that i want to use to clean ash from my pellet stove. looking for a hepa filter or drywall dust filter. anyone know were i can find one? checked HD but no one there can tell me if the replacement filters they stock will fit the stinger.
    thanks for the help

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    I would try there web site
  3. jj1949

jj1949 New Member

Loc:
    ND
    Good luck to you in finding a shop vac filter if indeed it is a shop vac that you have. I have a 2 gallon that according to their website they have a hepa filter, ordered it and upon arrival it didn't fit although they claimed it would work in anything above 1 gallon capacity. I have resorted to a hand vac that does have a hepa filter, also purchased the small cleaning devices that shop vac makes that works with my hand held.
  4. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    I have the Stinger vac as well, but after shopping around for a filter that would fit/work, I ended up buying a 6 gal Shop Vac that I can buy the fine dust filters for. It works great and never any dust blowing around my house when I clean my stove.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.