shop vac filters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cms0553

Jul 19, 2008
Trumbull County, Ohio
i have a stinger 2.5 gal wet/dry vac that i want to use to clean ash from my pellet stove. looking for a hepa filter or drywall dust filter. anyone know were i can find one? checked HD but no one there can tell me if the replacement filters they stock will fit the stinger.
thanks for the help

Good luck to you in finding a shop vac filter if indeed it is a shop vac that you have. I have a 2 gallon that according to their website they have a hepa filter, ordered it and upon arrival it didn't fit although they claimed it would work in anything above 1 gallon capacity. I have resorted to a hand vac that does have a hepa filter, also purchased the small cleaning devices that shop vac makes that works with my hand held.

I have the Stinger vac as well, but after shopping around for a filter that would fit/work, I ended up buying a 6 gal Shop Vac that I can buy the fine dust filters for. It works great and never any dust blowing around my house when I clean my stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.