Shop Vac with Fine Dust Bag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richkorn

Minister of Fire
Jul 28, 2008
SE CT
Can anyone recommend a Shop Vac type wet-dry that comes with and is able to use a drywall/fine dust bag?

I am using a HD Husky 8 gal one with the HEPA Cartridge and it's real messy banging that cartridge outside against a tree to clean the ash out. The Husky does not accept a drywall bag so I'm looking for a decent (<$100) one that does so all I have to do is throw away the full bag and put a new one in. I don't want an ash vac.

Thanks.

I kind of like going out and banging the filter. I just bought a new filter for my sears shop vac My old one is still usable even after two years. This gives me a back up.

I have a shop vac hang up series with a fine dust bag. It was right around $100. I keep it hung up in my basement. It comes with a very long hose, 18' I think..

9520210.jpg

34152840-260x260-0-0_Shop+Vac+Shop+Vac+Hang+Up+Vac+Disposable+Collectio.jpg

Walmart sells one that takes bags.

Get a decent size Shop-Vac and make sure to use a "HEPA" Filter along with the Fine Filtration Bags. You should be Golden. I Bought a couple last year when they were On-Sale. 16 Gallon, 6.5 HP. I use one for the Stove and the other for my Pellet Sifter.. No Dust in the house when cleaning the stove and no fines in the hopper.

Anything over the 3-4 Gallon mark, should take a bag.

Attachments

• Beautiful.jpg
    Beautiful.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 427
  • 2 pellet sifter.jpg
    2 pellet sifter.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 435
ok... I'm totally sick of occasionally getting a wicked squeaky auger because of fines in the tube. - Is there a go to schematic of for example the above contraption to pulling fines out.

I have a number of wet/dry vac's so I'm not too concerned about that piece. it's more about the tubing. I vaguely remember one such design where holes had to be poked in to the tubes.

Thanks!!

ducker said:

Yep. Thats it. 1/4" dowel rod's across the bottom and gutter gaurd screen up top is a must. IMO.

Only takes a minute to vac a bag and my hoppers are always clean and clear. Helps pellets feed better too. Fines create friction against the hopper walls and can slow the decsent of the pellets. Hopper only has a small handful when stoves goes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.