Shop Vac with special filter or true ash vacuum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may get so bad.......... wait for it.............

Wait for it...................

Wait.................

That you clean the stove....... Daily!!! Yes. I once did it. I now try and go the 2-4 weeks (sometimes longer). :)

Reactions: Melissa220
1-2 weeks here. I like the glass clean, so when it gets real dirty, I'll shut it down and clean it. You'll find, though, that in the fall and spring when the stove is shut down and started a lot, the glass will get a lot dirtier faster then when the stove is running steady.

Received the Powersmith Ash Vac today. Checked the suction before I did anything else and seemed quite good so I put it to the test and cleaned the stove. Only 2 1/2 hours of use, so not much there but it gave me the experience. Pretty easy!

Suction is good, hose is long enough; there is a crevice tool with a brush attachment and it is pretty quiet. Much less noise than a shop-vac.

Stay tuned. We'll see if I still like it after the stove's been used steady for a week!

Attachments

• IMG_20120918_210236.jpg
    IMG_20120918_210236.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.