Short days

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

mean I need to spend a day cutting, then retrieve in the dark other days. So I spent the afternoon Sunday just chunking oak tops. For whatever reason, I have been avoiding rocks for the past couple of sessions, so I ran nearly two tanks full through without incident. All well and good unless a snowstorm comes and hides the chunks :wow:

So I brought about 1/2 cord out, estimating I left 3/4 cord behind. We only got about 5" of snow, but the wind chills have been below zero. Supposed to be 40's and rain by the end of the week, so I should be able to retrieve all that I cut.

Meanwhile I keep adding to the 'log jam'. When spring hits, I hope to spend a couple of days on the log jam. If I can get through this winter without touching the 'wood pile' I may end up with double the wood I started the season with. I guy can dream, can't he?

We keep having people here talking about going onto double summer time in the strange belief that they will get extra daylight..........

It doesn't matter how much you play with the clocks, there are never enough daylight hours to get all the outside work done here between November and February :)

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
mean I need to spend a day cutting, then retrieve in the dark other days. So I spent the afternoon Sunday just chunking oak tops. For whatever reason, I have been avoiding rocks for the past couple of sessions, so I ran nearly two tanks full through without incident. All well and good unless a snowstorm comes and hides the chunks :wow:

So I brought about 1/2 cord out, estimating I left 3/4 cord behind. We only got about 5" of snow, but the wind chills have been below zero. Supposed to be 40's and rain by the end of the week, so I should be able to retrieve all that I cut.

Meanwhile I keep adding to the 'log jam'. When spring hits, I hope to spend a couple of days on the log jam. If I can get through this winter without touching the 'wood pile' I may end up with double the wood I started the season with. I guy can dream, can't he?

By Sunday we will have added 6 minutes to our day, take a break. :zip: Or get those girls in the buff with chainsaws going!

zap

That is NOT SAFE FOR WORK! I mean, I appreciate the link and all, but whoa, dude. My wife was standing like 5 feet away......there is no way I could have convinced her that I had no idea what that picture was gonna be. Lucky for me she was looking the other way and I'm quick with the "x" button...

I'll have to study the chainsaw in more detail, later.......

What saw? Was there a saw there?

I knew i should have bought a Homelite

I need a pair of boots like that

Do you have links to the other eleven months

Status
Not open for further replies.