Short Legs for Vermont Castings Resolute II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akrover

Sep 28, 2015
Portland, ME
Hello, I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I am looking for a set of blue enamel short legs for a 1982 Vermont Castings Resolute (II ?). From what I can gather the legs for the I & II are the same, but not sure of compatibility with other models/years that I could use. I think the short legs are 3". I am stuck with the stock legs and they are about 1" too big for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you can't find them through Vermont castings, you should
be able to remove that one inch from the existing legs, & grind the bottoms flat.
The enamel will probably chip, but I believe that VC Blue Enamel paint is still available.

Shorter legs will mean more heat on the hearth. Where is the stove being installed? Will it be installed completely in a fireplace?

Thank you guys for the responses.

Re: where it is being installed. No, it would not be all the way inside, it would be partially out on the hearth. We had an insert but it just served as a nice visual, it threw off little heat. It all went up the chimney. This VC stove was in my house growing up, and was also on the hearth there, but that worked with the standart legs.

There has been an ad on the Northern Virginia Craigslist for some Vermont Casting legs. It's been running for months. Dunno if they are the right ones, but it won't cost you anything to check it out.

I think it was either in the Farm & Garden or the Materials section.

Status
Not open for further replies.