Shortage of pellets around here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the big box store are winding down the pellet sales they will probably have one more shipment so if you burn into April or May I would want at least 25 bags in storage.I generally get 13 hours out of a bag on low so if the kids get home at 5 and I leave the stove on until 11,I will be burning 1 bag every 2 days once March comes I will not leave the stove on overnight.

me too . that said , i am well armed so don't any of you pellet predators get any ideas :p

Speaking of pellet predators, where the hell is OMV hiding?

I got a PM this morning. Said he was busy with a kids pool and his pellets?? I just didn't dare ask! ;sick

Can't say I blame you.

Reactions: Defiant
[quote=" I will not leave the stove on overnight.[/quote]

Why not?

i was told if i laid in a pool of pellets naked for 6 hours straight , they would be hotter then Okie's
They will......so you better get some aloe!

because here in Mass it's against the law to not keep your guns locked up . 'cept for the one on your hip :p

Mass has some funny ideas for sure. Gun ain't much use locked up.... I still sleep with a threefiveseven under the pillow, I'm a very heavy sleeper and its an old habit from living in a place where that was a requirement. A locked up piece is of little use unless you plan on smacking 'em with a safe..... And if you can throw a safe you prolly don't need a gun!

I used to go thru Chicago and used a 12 ga 6 shot flare gun for backup. Hey, I get lost alot. Its legal, no carry permit, and was only $40 bucks. I was in Fl when someone tried to hold up someone and got nailed with one. Cops said it was real easy to catch the thief. He was the one smoking.

Reactions: Defiant
Just went to home depot they were totally out proceeded onto Lowes they were completely out nearest Lowes with pellets was 52 miles away. Stopped off at Sears they had pellets Lignetics but wanted $6.59 per bag I said to the lady that they were a little heavy on the price her response was HD and Lowes are out so we jacked up the price.I bought 4 bags but I am not a happy camper when its $26 for 4 bags.Lesson learned next year I will get 4 tons not my usual 3.
pretty sure that right there is Illegal

I have some energetic material I will have to dispose of this spring. Want to see a countryside get a real cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.