Shortening the learning curve on a Jotul F118

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack65

Jun 26, 2008
southern Maine
The hinge on the Jotul Combi #1 that kept my hearth (in southern Maine) warm for thirty years quit on me recently. After searching around I bought a Jotul F118 (practical, not pretty). It's finally in place (this beast is even heavier than the Combi) and ready for use when the temperature drops. I've read the material that came with the stove and I have those decades of experience with the Combi, but if anyone has experience with the F118 and will pass it on it'll shorten my learning curve this fall and keep me from doing anything embarrassing (my wife will be watching). My wood is cut, stacked, and dry (12 inch lengths as required by the old Combi and recommended by Jotul for the F118, although I'm not sure why because the box is two feet deep). Any tips from F118 owners will be appreciated.
Thanks
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.