Should Have Stayed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After eating lunch it was still raining so I sat my arse down in the recliner and jumped on the computer, after about one hour the sun popped out and the rains stopped. Why not split another load then stack it :mad: jumped in the rhino then pulled the splitter back to the splitting area, setup then started splitting, thats when the rains started again so once I was soaked I decided to finish the job.

Attached are some pictures, the wood is red maple with some nice beech.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4106.jpg
    100_4106.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 426
  • 100_4108.jpg
    100_4108.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 414
Hey Zap, sounds like my luck as well. Yesterday I got about an hours worth in with the splitter before it opened up.

Zap, you've lost a lot of leaves since we stopped. Same thing has happened here with lots and lots of trees totally bare. The wind is still trying to rip more off.

maxed_out said:
Hey Zap, sounds like my luck as well. Yesterday I got about an hours worth in with the splitter before it opened up.

maxed_out, I would rather work in some snow then this chit every weekend. If I could get up another 3-4 cord that would be perfect.

zap

That first pic I think there is a split a little long? :lol:

smokinjay said:
That first pic I think there is a split a little long? :lol:
My stacks would only look like that if I tapped everything in flush with a hammer. The other side would look like hell, though. :lol:

Sure looks purdy zap!!!! :)
Now git your but back out there today.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.