Should I avoid home depot/menards stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The nc 30 is a great stove for the price in my experience most of the furnaces like the one you linked to are not all that great (although the englander one is better than the us stove one) i would pick the 30 if i was you

Second the 30. It's a great stove

There are dozens of reviews here on Hearth.com about the NC-30 written by members who are experienced. - Jimi Hendrix

Got my 30-NC ripping as we speak. SE TN right at 30 degrees outside, about 75 inside, nice and warm.

However, I got mine last Feb. for $650 vs. the $899 shown in your HD link. Also, the HD price for the AC-30 fan is way out of line. Get it direct from Englander for about $130 or so. Much quieter and more effective than the -16 they give you.

Good luck!

Good products. The stove is a very clean burner, made in the US and stands up well to 24/7 burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.