Should I be worried? Smoke pipe ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm confused. Every time I look at that original install picture, it looks to me as if the upper pipe is slipped into the lower pipe, AND it looks backwards to me.

I have ICC double wall ultrablack stovepipe, and ICC excel chimney, installed by professionals. My stove pipe is a slip section, and the upper portion slips over the lower portion. The stovepipe at the top slips into the 45 /45 section, that turns and goes into the box at the ceiling. There is a cuff around the pipe there. The pipe at the base sits over the collar of my stove.

Are you telling me this is backwards? Or is double wall different? It certainly LOOKS correct to me.

You have double wall smoke pipe. The outside is for looks and is opposite what the SS inner pipe is, so it looks like it's backwards.

TS

rideau with double wall the inside pipe slips into the adjoining section but the outer pipe slips over the adjoining section. On your stove top the inner pipe is inside the flue collar and the outer section is over it. Pipe is always inserted into the section below it. So any creosote or water runs down into the stove instead of on the outside of the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.