Should I burn this wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see advertisements all the time around here for "seasoned" wood, sounds good til you read the fine print, trees were cut down 12-18 months ago, will cut and split to order. Hows that going to be seasoned enough for our modern stoves? it aint but thats what these guys were brought up to believe and like I said, try and convince them otherwise, you cant. Most important thing I learned on this site was to season my own wood, get a whole bunch, as much as I can fit in my yard and let the sun and wind do its thing, havent had a problem since I took that advice.

Your eyes,nose & sense of touch (judging weight of item when picked up or handled) are a better moisture meter than one you could ever buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.