Should I buy a Bixby? Let me know your opinion.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much info on the bixby here. I would try iburncorn dot com for that stove. But I hear they have an neat control board you can edit the software to suit your burn with. Hi tech laptop and a usb interface. Not many stoves you can say that about.

Let us know what you find.
jay

kingman1 said:
Should I buy a Bixby? Let me know your opinion.

Supposed to be a good stove (especially burning corn), but if your considering buying one online or eBay and not from a dealer, Bixby will NOT honor the warranty.

Yes, for sure, go over to iburncorn.com and go down the list to the Bixby site. Those that have them, love them. For what you get them for on EBay, you save so much you can buy two and keep on for spare parts. Darn guarantees aren't worth a crap on any of these stoves, if you believe what is posted here all the time. AND it's not the dealer's fault as much as the manufacturer's. The Bixby is a very well designed stove. I wish mine had some of its features like the feed wheel and the auto clinker remover. Over there Corny and Rona and Mary B are the experts.

On year 3 w/ mine. No complaints! Bought mine w/ the one year warranty. I burn primarily pellets, some corn, and the occasional bag of raccoon contaminated pelleted livestock feed... Several Bixby techs are active on the Bixby site at iburncorn.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.