should I clean it or replace it?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gripper93

Oct 1, 2009
central ohio
I have an englander 25 pdvc and I had a auger motor go bad so I purchased the complete rebuild kit for it. I got the early bird special and it was a used stove so what the hey. Anyway I have no problems with it as of now but I was thinking since I have 3 days of warmer weather ( for the heat pump to run) that I might replace the blower motors room and exhaust. I was thinking of this since they are new so the stove would run better and just incase there might be a problem with the new ones and without putting them on I would not know it for warrenty reasons. I am a firm believer on if isnt broke dont fix it so this is why I left the old ones in. They have been cleaned though. Is this a smart decision or am I just makeing more work for myself than needed. I also am a firm believer that when I take something apart I ussully have to buy more parts for it to go back to good working order thats why I say if aint broke dont fix it. Let me know what you all think. Thanks

gripper93 said:
I have an englander 25 pdvc and I had a auger motor go bad so I purchased the complete rebuild kit for it. I got the early bird special and it was a used stove so what the hey. Anyway I have no problems with it as of now but I was thinking since I have 3 days of warmer weather ( for the heat pump to run) that I might replace the blower motors room and exhaust. I was thinking of this since they are new so the stove would run better and just incase there might be a problem with the new ones and without putting them on I would not know it for warrenty reasons. I am a firm believer on if isnt broke dont fix it so this is why I left the old ones in. They have been cleaned though. Is this a smart decision or am I just makeing more work for myself than needed. I also am a firm believer that when I take something apart I ussully have to buy more parts for it to go back to good working order thats why I say if aint broke dont fix it. Let me know what you all think. Thanks

I'm with you....if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

IMO, Keep the blowers as spare (maybe just connect them to 120Vac to confirm that they work), and if you do someday need them, there they are. If not, and your replacing the stove or selling it, I'm sure putting them on Craigs list or the for sale forum here will get you most, if not all your $$ back.

Status
Not open for further replies.