Should I quit now, or keep going today?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I started off the day painting the room with the hearth so my neighbor and I will be able to install the hardwood floor tomorrow. (50 cents/sq ft!) Woohoo, the room will look the way I want it to! Almost done rehabbing the downstairs of the house!

Score:
Matt 1

Then I look at the grass and think it's about time to get that 5 1/2 hp mower that the neighbor gave me working. It needs 2 new wheels. I pick up the wheels, put them on, fill it up with the leftover snow blower gas and it starts on the 2nd pull! Woohoo!

Matt 2

I start mowing the lawn, happen to look up to where the range hood exits outside and smoke is pouring out. I yell to the wife and she replys she's cooking something. I run inside and she had set something on top of the stove on fire! It's plastered itself against the hood screen and is drafting out the side of the house! I grab the fire exitnguisher and put it out. Considering I painted the room next to it, but now have a smoked out kitchen I think I have to remove a point.

Matt 1

I start cutting the lawn again and with only a strip 3 feet wide, about 15 feet long left I hit the water valve since the new lawnmower is set lower than I usually cut the grass. Blade is trashed.

Matt 0

It looks like I'm destroying just about as much as I'm creating today. Should I just sit on the porch and drink beer or try to be useful and fix/do spring work? Later tonight my father is going to drop off a new 22" blade that he has had hanging in his garage.

Matt and aferrd to strike out today.

I'd call it a day before something worse happens.Can't argue with the logic of sittin' on the porch with a beer;should be reasonably safe too.Tomorrow is another day.....just keep a couple spare brews on hand.

There's always days like that, Matt.... gotta just keep plugging away. I was actually pretty productive today, after a real crappy - everything went wrong kind of week. Got a bunch of next year's wood split up (Kellog - yup - doing better on the PPE). Just going to sit out for a few minutes, maybe have a beer or 2, and then get to stacking. Keep going, Matt - that's my vote anyway (but sit out on the porch and have a few first).

Don't give up, just take a deep breath, drink a cold beer, and get back at it!

Whatever you do, don't decide to light a ripping fire tonight. Things always happen in threes for me, especially the bad things.

Go split some wood with a maul. bout the only thing you can do there is break the maul handle.

New day clean slate so you are ready to go. Especially after a cold one or two the day before

You saved the kitchen so you should add 2 points for that, and take it easy.

Well the new floor is 1/2 to 3/4 of the way in. I'll snap a few pics tonight after I pick up a few batteries for the camara.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.