Should my blower run constant?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junebug90

Oct 14, 2014
Michigan
I have an Englander 28-3500. It is ran into the central plenum and the wood blower is hooked up to a relay to the main LP blower so that when the wood kicks on the LP blower kicks on. So I just spent the last hours reading 30 pages of threads and a lot about people say blowers shouldn't run all the time. I think my Tstat is set at 130 on and 90 off.

I have very little experience with this one - just put it in last weekend. However I did a test burn and the blower cycled on and off in about 20 - 25 second cycles. I did not have a good fire and did not fill it with wood, just a few pallet boards as a test burn... but it sounds like you have a thermostat problem.

Mine runs almost constantly. If is a hot fire it will run a long time. Sometime it will cycle off for 5 minutes and start up and run for a few minutes. Just depends how big of fire I got burning.

Mine runs almost constantly. If is a hot fire it will run a long time. Sometime it will cycle off for 5 minutes and start up and run for a few minutes. Just depends how big of fire I got burning.
That makes sense I have yet to have a full firebox full of hot tinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.