Should'a- Could'a- Would'a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

19FarmHand78

Jan 24, 2012
South East Iowa
I am still kicking myself over this...
About the first weekend in November I found a Craigslist add down in Missouri for a Stihl 038 Magnum II with case, owners manual and extra 2 used chains for $275, pics showed it to be a clean well kept saw. I save the add on my phone... But, beings I just bought my 017/MS170 frankin saw a few weeks prior, and the Mrs. and I had already started Christmas shopping I thought I better hold off on buying another saw (mistake one) I did some research on the 038 Mag II (mistake two) and found it to be just what I want for my 3 saw set up (had been looking for a 044/440 or 046/460) I kept checking the add daily, a few times a day, and was always there. Finally I gave in and shot the seller an email... no answer... so I gave him a call (big mistake three)... Got a good ole Missouri farmer on the phone, when I asked about the saw his answer was "I wish I would have had 50 of them damn things could sold them all, must have been priced to cheap!" I said well yeah it was a good deal... he went on to ask me what I thought it was worth as I saw it, I was guessing it to be good for $500 or so on flea-bay... he says he didn't think he paid that for it new.. lol... the goes on to tell me he bought it new to use around the farm, and how little he used it, and how great it ran.... why... why did I have to call?!? At least he got his grandson to take the add down!

Lesson one, act fast if it something you want and can afford!
Lesson two, saw buying is kinda like a wedding, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I'll shut up now and continue my search for a 038 mag II now... or a 044/440... or a 046/460... or a... aw heck lets just go to a 660 fully ported... aaaaa .... hello, my name is Nathan, and I am a saw-oholic.

Status
Not open for further replies.