1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. PoolGuyinCT

PoolGuyinCT Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth CT
    We are familiar with shoulder season pellets.. How about shoulder hours?

Right now I have the hose floating at 72 Greene teams running on medium all day .

Calling for 9 degrees tonight (doubtful.)

I'm going to top off with cubex or hamers tonight, about a half a sack, put the half sack back in the stash .

Hopefully wake up to 72 castle.

Ray

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    Sounds good to me :)
  3. Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW MA
    Sure. Why not. Problem with owning a XXV in 1000 sg ft ...doesn't matter much what you put in it. :p
    mepellet likes this.
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I could get by with shoulders during the day due to solar gain. The sun warms the living room up pretty nice. So instead of swapping pellets out I use the auto/off setting during the day with the stat dropped back 6ºF. Then when I get home I switch it to Hi/Lo with less of a set back on the stat.

Stat(stove auto/off) set at 66ºF for 6:00 AM. At 1:30 PM I have it go up to 72ºF. I thro the stove to Hi/Lo when I get home at 4:00 PM and ride it at 72ºF til about 8:30 PM. Then the stat gets setback to 68ºF for the overnight period. Around 2:00 AM, It goes back up to 72ºF so its warm when I get my can outa bed at 5:00 AM. Been working good for the last 3-4 seasons.
  5. PoolGuyinCT

Loc:
    Plymouth CT
    It worked great,,, ill probably go out looking for a life, cabin fever is getting bad.
  6. kenstogie

kenstogie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Albany (ish)
    I have some North Americans to use up so some times I mix them with the Somersets I have. Works pretty well. THose NA's stink.
  7. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    What do they smell like??;)
  8. PoolGuyinCT

Loc:
    Plymouth CT
    Burning plastic
    Eatonpcat likes this.
  9. VTrider

VTrider Member

Loc:
    Northern New England Burlington Vermont
    I often see comments on how N.Americans stink like burning plastic or crayola crayons, etc - weird, I burn almost 4 tons of them a season and never noticed anything. Then again, I don't quite understand how anybody should be able to smell any pellet burning period? Wood stoves, sure - but pellet stoves are an enclosed system?​
  10. PoolGuyinCT

Loc:
    Plymouth CT

Crayons best description of the scent , and I'm with you one why they smell, doesn't make sense
  11. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Thats what I said, and allfiredup threw me under the bus. I even smelled my kids crayons to compare. Dang close to a crayola IMHO. I was told they may(can't confirm) be using a parifin binder.