Shoulder Season in NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern NH Mike

Feeling the Heat
Nov 2, 2008
Northern NH
The nighttime temps are in the 30s, the trees are putting on their show, the Presidential and Franconia ranges are frosted with snow, and there is woodsmoke in the air. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

I think it's going to be a couple more weeks down here in the Lakes Region - still pretty warm in the day. I did light the stove on Wed. just to check everything out and get the downstairs warm - it was high 30's. I have a couple of more loads of wood to get from Moultonboro and I should be looking good for the cold stuff.

Northern NH Mike said:
The nighttime temps are in the 30s, the trees are putting on their show, the Presidential and Franconia ranges are frosted with snow, and there is woodsmoke in the air. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

I agree Mike...I would love to get more established in what I do and work remotely from the Kanc or something.
Did a lot of hiking in the Whites and it was my fav place to be.
I live in Southern, NH and have had 3 fires so far this season.

Southeast corner barely in NH. I have had 3 fires as well. they have been more to cure the paint. Lowest I have seen at night is 36F. but the cooler daytime temps along with cloudy skies does not allow my house to get warmed up during the day. Currently its 67F in the house and if it drops below 65F I will light it for a quick fire tonight.

NNH Mike,

I live in Bedford. Although tempted, I haven't lit the stove yet. Just a little too warm in the daytime. This time of the year until the leaves fall, my house is in shade all day long. No sunshine to warm things up.

Jim

The wife and kids love being toasty, and I love making fire. Had 5 or 6 so far, and today's requests have already started. We'll be pushing 80F in no time... and lovin' it.

We haven't had too many this year so far though my wife had made a fire a couple times this past week while I've been out of town. I really can't wait to get home to make one myself. I love this time of year!

I run my wood boiler year round, I did turn up my t-stats this past week. Also had the kitchen stove going. The smell of the wood smoke in the air is a great thing. We are just starting to see a bit of color around here. Makes me wonder what the winter will be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.