Shout Out to a Forum Member

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogieb

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2014
South Central NH
I just want to say what great people are on this forum! CleanFire [edited to add his screen name]volunteered quite a bit of his time, equipment, and effort to help me (a total stranger whom he met this morning) pick up a Harman PP38+/P43. Okay, in this case when I say he "helped", he did most of the work! And on top of that, he left a dolly/cart for the stove to sit on until I take the time to unhook the St. Croix and place the Harman in its place. In his words, "that way when you go to move it, you won't mess up your wood floors." (or something very close to that anyway).

I want to let CleanFire know how very much I appreciate his being willing to go way out of his way like that so I didn't have to call the ex to ask for help. I also appreciate that his wife lent him to me for a couple of hours - she is obviously a great person too!

Last edited:
h.c strikes again.

I just want to say what great people are on this forum! One of the members volunteered quite a bit of his time, equipment, and effort to help me (a total stranger whom he met this morning) pick up a Harman PP38+/P43. Okay, in this case when I say he "helped", he did most of the work! And on top of that, he left a dolly/cart for the stove to sit on until I take the time to unhook the St. Croix and place the Harman in its place. In his words, "that way when you go to move it, you won't mess up your wood floors." (or something very close to that anyway).

I didn't think to ask his permission, so don't want to name who it was (if he wants to speak up, I will though). I want to let him know how very much I appreciate his being willing to go way out of his way like that so I didn't have to call the ex to ask for help. I also appreciate that his wife lent him to me for a couple of hours - she is obviously a great person too!
That's good stuff right there
Good post

You're welcome bogieb, it was nice to meet you, glad to help w/ the stove move.

(Personal Note - Our winter would have been much different without the pellet stove here, and the good folks & excellent posts @ Hearth.com / these forums helped us get our stove up and running quickly, always glad to help out a fellow forum member.
--
Thanks for the kind words, my wife is very cool. She was outside planning our gardens for this summer while we were moving the stove - I think I'll be roto-tilling right up 'till the next burn season. :)

Enjoy that stove, it's a nice one! Give a shout if you need help when it comes time to move stoves for the install.

Best Regards,
Robert

Looks like the Harman bug bit again. Switching out the St Croix huh? Details on the deal Miss?

Now I'll have to one up ya sister. LOL! I was able to meet two members here in the last few weeks. Met Bioburner as he headed down I-65 on a trip he was taking for a few and had lunch with another from TN yesterday since he was not very far away visiting his sister. Good guys and fun to BS with. Wish I had more time with both to hang out but it is nice to put a face with the handle.

Yep, switching out the St. Croix. It is a really nice looking stove, heats well, and I haven't had any issues with it. However, it has a smallish hopper (they claim 40#, more like 30-35#), so on really cold days it would be running out of pellets when I got home from work. I was scheduling my life around if the stove would need to be filled. I can get a hopper extension for the Harman and be good no matter what happens.

Yeah, I haven't looked at anything but Harman's on CL, so yeah, you could say the Harman bug bit again ==c

Good for you! I know I am sold on them. Not because of anything other than how well mine treated me this season and how easy they are to run and deal with. Ridden any yet or is it still too cold up there? Went out for my first ride Friday and another Sat. Both pretty long rides.

I have no problems with the hopper size on the P68 or PC45. I can get two bags into the P68 if it is empty and I work them in real well pushing them into all areas and corners. It does take a minute but I have done it several times. Either way 76 lb hopper or whatever it says it has is big enough to run 12 hours when tha stove is eating the most pellets in the cold, cold.

I haven't seen the need for the hopper extension here but can see where they would be nice. Also keeps me in the habit of scraping the pot every time I dump a bag.

Last edited:
Rode the bike home from storage (~30 miles) a week ago Saturday. 40 degrees, cloudy and windy as all get out. Rode to a HOG meeting Sunday morning in 30F, but calm wind - the meeting was at the same place as I stored my bike. The ride home was awesome as it was sunny, calm and about 50. Got a bit of a ride in yesterday (2 hours at ~90 miles) - it was sunny and 50's. Got a good start on yard work too.

Rain for the rest of the week, and highs in the 40's.

Rained here all day yesterday and is also today with some cooler temps this week. Supposed to be rainy and cool all week. I still ride in cooler weather but am somewhat less inclined these days after working outside all winter the last 4 years. Pellet stove will be back on a little this week too.

Last edited:
I don't mind cool, I just prefer dry at the same time. However, most of my multi-day trips have been in the low 40's and rainy - God's little joke on me every time :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.