show me your photos of your hearth pads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lantland

Oct 7, 2008
Garrison, NY
I would love to see some Hearth pads that people have installed. I've just bought a pile of antique bricks and I'm wondering if to run them up the wall or just as a pad on the floor.

Shop stove.

Attachments

• shopstove.jpg
    shopstove.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 501
Hey, here's our current hearth, brick over 2 inches of durock, on 3/4 inch advantech subfloor, over an LVL with some serious engineered trusses and cross bracing :)

Outside chimney, 8x8 outside dimension clay flue running up a 2 foot by 2 foot brick chase/chimney, drafts fine.

ebay%20142.png

chimney pic....

ebay%201114.png

We currently burn a Jotul Oslo, don't have a pic of that, shame on me!

However, here's a pic of our old house with the Vermont Castings Defiant sitting on the hearth....

ebay%20353.png

Diggin' the Jotul with the warming shelves....NICE!.

I'd post pics of mine but I can't seem to get em' to download...says they are too big and I dunno how to shrink em....and yeah, I read the rules for posting pics but I can't make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.