Show off your Manltes!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2007
Saugerties, NY
Wife's been bugging me for about a year now to get the mantle built and up. Problem is, I really haven't found any good inspiration yet for what I want to build, so I figured I'd ask the forum what they've got in their homes and maybe somethign I see will set off a creative binge.

My mantle will not be surrounding a fireplace unfortunately, it'll be behind the woodstove on the hearth, but a nice mantle is still a necessity in my opinion. I've secured a couple of logs that are the same type the house is made of and can cut them any way I want to. I was thinking of a simple 3 sided box with the legs each being a half log and they're notched into the top piece, but thats kind of boring...gotta be something I cna do with natural stone as support legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.