1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Showed my wife how to use the snowblower yesterday!!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Pallet Pete, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

So yesturday I showed my wife how to use the snowblower it is self propelled and huge lol. She kept forgetting to stop the drive and not the auger so she kept getting dragged of into the sunset by it :lol: She also thought that 5 was the only speed setting even though I showed her all 1-2-3-4-5-R1-R2 of them. She did eventually get it and I am proud of her for not giving up even though she is scared of it now and says I better be really sick before she uses it again :lol: Looks like I gotta get sick more often( to bad I like using it) %-P

Pete

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bsj425

bsj425 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    North Pole Alaska
    Now show her how to use a chainsaw and splitter then how to stack The wood and how to bring wood inside and stove operation and you are set !!R
  3. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

You know I tried to show her the saw and she was to scared lol. :grrr: She does use our splitter and enjoys it a lot :) She does manage the stove and bring wood in as well as I do she is a good woman to be married to.

Pete
  4. ironpony

ironpony Minister of Fire

Loc:
    mid-ohio via St.Croix USVI
    good idea to teach her these things
    I had a quad bypass 3 years ago in january
    naturallly we had alot of snow and ice that year
    my wife had to use the 4wd kubota to keep our 400 +foot driveway clear on a rather large hill
    ice underneath sliding around
    a very steep learning curve
    she was successful

moral of the story

plan ahead, you never know what might happen
  5. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    My wife has used all of the machines once or twice and could probably run them all with a quick refresher. This is when I brought home a tractor on her birthday.
    [​IMG]
  6. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Steve your wife looks like a kid in a candy store with that grin :lol:

Pete
  7. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    I keep showin' my wife how to use all the things I got, she sets there an' sez "Keep up the good work". She seems to think it's like one - a- them shows on the TEE-VEE. Maybe oughtta try "teaching" her how to.......
  8. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Whats a TEE-VEE is that one of them there microwave boxes cuz I watch the popcorn go round and round best show at 8pm %-P

Pete
  9. stejus

stejus Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central MA
    I was away on business a few years back and my wife journeyed out to do the driveway. My Toro Power Max 1028 is a fairly large machine and she got pulled around. One thing she did do is took a chunk out of the siding on the garage wall as she went right into it. She didn't tell me but I saw it a few days after I got back. I told her if she ever has to do it again, go along with the garage wall, not towards it! She hasn't touched the snowblower since :)
  10. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    *laughing*

Nice mowing outfit, there, B !!!! Love "da schuezzz" !!
  11. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    It was early morning on her birthday! Yes, I bought a tractor on her birthday.
  12. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    What's your point? %-P I'd be in seventh heaven if some one at my house bought a tractor on my birthday. Hell, I'd look like B does :p
  13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Pete, that is good to show her. Just one year ago I went into the hospital but before I went in I had this awful feeling that there would be snow to plow while I was in there. So, I took my wife in back and although there was only a little bit of snow, I showed her what to do. Sure enough, you probably remember the big snow we had on Feb. 2. That was the day I was to come home. Not much was moving and even the hospital had big problems getting nurses in to work. Wife plowed the driveway and did a great job. Sometimes these things work out rather nicely.