Showed my wife how to use the snowblower yesterday!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

So yesturday I showed my wife how to use the snowblower it is self propelled and huge lol. She kept forgetting to stop the drive and not the auger so she kept getting dragged of into the sunset by it :lol: She also thought that 5 was the only speed setting even though I showed her all 1-2-3-4-5-R1-R2 of them. She did eventually get it and I am proud of her for not giving up even though she is scared of it now and says I better be really sick before she uses it again :lol: Looks like I gotta get sick more often( to bad I like using it) %-P

Pete

Now show her how to use a chainsaw and splitter then how to stack The wood and how to bring wood inside and stove operation and you are set !!R

You know I tried to show her the saw and she was to scared lol. :grrr: She does use our splitter and enjoys it a lot :) She does manage the stove and bring wood in as well as I do she is a good woman to be married to.

Pete

good idea to teach her these things
I had a quad bypass 3 years ago in january
naturallly we had alot of snow and ice that year
my wife had to use the 4wd kubota to keep our 400 +foot driveway clear on a rather large hill
ice underneath sliding around
a very steep learning curve
she was successful

moral of the story

plan ahead, you never know what might happen

My wife has used all of the machines once or twice and could probably run them all with a quick refresher. This is when I brought home a tractor on her birthday.
DSC06114.jpg

Steve your wife looks like a kid in a candy store with that grin :lol:

Pete

I keep showin' my wife how to use all the things I got, she sets there an' sez "Keep up the good work". She seems to think it's like one - a- them shows on the TEE-VEE. Maybe oughtta try "teaching" her how to.......

Whats a TEE-VEE is that one of them there microwave boxes cuz I watch the popcorn go round and round best show at 8pm %-P

Pete

I was away on business a few years back and my wife journeyed out to do the driveway. My Toro Power Max 1028 is a fairly large machine and she got pulled around. One thing she did do is took a chunk out of the siding on the garage wall as she went right into it. She didn't tell me but I saw it a few days after I got back. I told her if she ever has to do it again, go along with the garage wall, not towards it! She hasn't touched the snowblower since :)

Flatbedford said:
My wife has used all of the machines once or twice and could probably run them all with a quick refresher. This is when I brought home a tractor on her birthday.
DSC06114.jpg

*laughing*

Nice mowing outfit, there, B !!!! Love "da schuezzz" !!

It was early morning on her birthday! Yes, I bought a tractor on her birthday.

Flatbedford said:
It was early morning on her birthday! Yes, I bought a tractor on her birthday.

What's your point? %-P I'd be in seventh heaven if some one at my house bought a tractor on my birthday. Hell, I'd look like B does :p

Pete, that is good to show her. Just one year ago I went into the hospital but before I went in I had this awful feeling that there would be snow to plow while I was in there. So, I took my wife in back and although there was only a little bit of snow, I showed her what to do. Sure enough, you probably remember the big snow we had on Feb. 2. That was the day I was to come home. Not much was moving and even the hospital had big problems getting nurses in to work. Wife plowed the driveway and did a great job. Sometimes these things work out rather nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.