showing off the improved baby

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aqua

Mar 27, 2013
california
Baby bear with new top vent. I needed to get the Baby further back into the hearth. Also I put in a smoke shelf. The mess of weld on the front is a piece of 5/16 round that I put on to add a bit of warp resistance and to cause some turbulance. The shelf went in flat on a set of bricks laid sideways. You can see the old rear exit flue pipe. I notched around it and later had to cover the half moon part as too much smoke was going around the plate. Like a new CIMG2836.JPG stove!!!CIMG2827.JPG Thanks for the advice everyone.

Here's a 5/16 baffle in a Goldilocks that was my only heat source for many years (20) and shows no sign of warping. It is a double door stove, almost twice as wide as yours. It was factory and remains very flat.

Smoke Shelf Baffle 1984 Goldilocks.JPG I never cleaned it, that's how it always stays.

Here's a 5/16 baffle in a Goldilocks that was my only heat source for many years (20) and shows no sign of warping. It is a double door stove, almost twice as wide as yours. It was factory and remains very flat.

View attachment 123683 I never cleaned it, that's how it always stays.
I have high hopes for that baffle. So far it still looks like new. The metal shop only had 1/4" or 3/8" . 3/8" looked silly thick so I went for 1/4". Again thanks for that advice as I enjoy the stoves new heat characteristics.

Status
Not open for further replies.