sick as a dog fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnykid

May 6, 2008
Next to a lake in NH
So I woke up sick as a dog this morning and I might just DIE (jk)
So I have the horrible shivers and nothing see,s to work. Medicine, hot showers or whatever.

I lit a fire in the stove and it is so hot in here, I love it but my G/F is ready to go sit out side. I told her to strip down heeheehee.

This is really a pointless thread but just thought I will tell you guys.

There is always a bright side. :p

[Wood stoves are good for making the ladies wear less clothes! /quote]

'Specially if it's the ladies tending the fire
pimp.gif

WOW what a difference!!!! I have been burning junk wood at full throttle. Tonight the little lady was chilly, so I dipped into my "good wood" and have been running it with little air and wow it is Hot! What a difference in heat from bad to good wood!!!!

I hope it is not to late to buy some fans to circulate the heat around the house!!!!

skinnykid said:
So I have the horrible shivers and nothing see,s to work. Medicine, hot showers or whatever.

I lit a fire in the stove and it is so hot in here, I love it but my G/F is ready to go sit out side. I told her to strip down heeheehee.

We just found out that our oldest cat (10) is diabetic. so going to the vet`s this Sat. morning to learn how to monitor and give daily injections--"wanna come along,,, thought not"" makes me sick thinking about having to do that everyday for the next 4-6 months..

After reading this, I will bet you are feeling better already ;-)

sniff, sniff, I smell ashes??

sorry about your cat. Funny how animals work their ways into our family structure!

skinnykid said:
sorry about your cat. Funny how animals work their ways into our family structure!

Yep, and this coming from a guy that 10 years ago used to hate cats. Swore I would never have one of those devilish creatures in our house. God, I am mellowing way,way too much, now I love all three of them. Like you stated, they just seem to become like family. Either that, or seniltiy is really starting to kick in around here :)

And the big guy, that I am gonna have to give the needles to , well, he comes on the bed and sleeps right beside me every nite, after he gives me that 10 minute massage, or as some call it kneeding. No matter, I have come around to loving and respecting them. They are no different than us, they just want to survive and be comfy--hence all the previous posts with pics with cats laying in front of the hearth.

So now I have become like this--first person that I see abuse an animal, becomes number one on my hit list. no exceptions.

Take care skinnykid, and count your blessings. You could have been born a cat that some idiot tossed in the microwave for fun. :sick: I`m smelling ashes again. hmmm

I let the fire burn out as it was way to hot in here!

I have a dog, I got him in 1999 he is my buddy, his name is Buddy. Before I used to hate cats. My ex-wife begged me to get a kitten from a litter that her friends cat had. I said NO WAY. She begged and begged and I said fine BUT I pick it out and if it don't work out then it is gone. So I picked one out. An Orange cat. We named it Milo. From it's bro and sisters it turned out to be the best of the litter.

It was super friendly, had conversations with us, Needed and purred at bed time and was an all around GREAT cat and companion. When we got upset it would try to comfort us.

Once my Ex and I lost a new born, it was the end of our world! That cat would sit on our lap taking turns with each of us just looking into our eyes and letting us pat it and sob, as if it felt our pain and was trying to comfort us. That cat would not leave our sides until our crying stopped. Milo tried to take care of us as best it could.

Since as you can tell we split. I got the dog and her the cat.

I have a G/F, soon to be wife and 2 kids. 2 year old girl and 8 month old boy. I know how to count Blessings! Even though I honestly just got done cleaning PUKE out of my 2 year olds crib at 11:30 pm, and I just wanna shake this cold and get to bed, I thank GOD everyday for what I have!

I do Miss that cat although, and I feel you pain.

skinnykid said:

been like that for 3 days but no fire

Status
Not open for further replies.