Side Loader in the Corner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzbiker

Dec 24, 2011
Ohio
Anyone have a Heritage or similar stove with a side load door in the corner of the room. I'm wondering how far away from the corner the stove has to sit and curious if you went with a corner or square hearth pad?

Thanks,

If this is a combustible wall, Hearthstone details out the clearances needed for the stove.

I have the Heritage. Love that side door. I would think, at minimum you would need about 2' from the wall to be able to load splits without knocking your elbow or wood into the wall. If all you have to work with is a corner, get as much clearance as you can so you don't have to use the front door.

Status
Not open for further replies.