Sierra 2100FS update/report

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2013
Maine
So I have been using my new to me Sierra 2100 and really like it. Still getting the hang of an EPA stove but doing alright .

My biggest test so far has been a solid week of temps down to -16 without wind chill . As long as I kept it loaded an running hot it would keep my place between 72 and 76 depending where you were . Now that it has been in the 20s I have ben able to keep the house around 75-78 with jst a few splits and running with draft almost closed .

I did find that I had air leaking at the top of the door so ordered new pins but was able to "fix" it temporarily with a few washers . Still trying to figure out best place to get my temp . Right now I have a thermo at the bottom of the step centered . Hit 700 degree there wth flue at 300s . My IR gun showed temps from 500 to 680 across the top of the stove .

Still waiting for my new baffle and center burn tube , so will see how it runs with those put in . At least I have cut my wood usage in half and maintained a more consistant house temp . Also liking my furnace sitting idle.

In all , pretty happy with my $350 stove . Wife and daughter seem content also .

Reactions: firefighterjake
Status
Not open for further replies.