sierra 8000 cat stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sauer

Jan 27, 2009
SE WI
found one for sale for 175 dollars anyone have experiance with this stove. seems like a cheap price, did some reasearch and it seems positive

sauer said:
found one for sale for 175 dollars anyone have experiance with this stove. seems like a cheap price, did some reasearch and it seems positive

Wow that was one helluva deal! Thinking the cat alone would be worth close to what you paid for the stove! I would have grabbed a deal like that myself if I ever saw it... Let us know how it works out for you..

Ray

I had a Sierra cat stove, not the 8000 but smaller. I can tell you it worked great for being an older model, I would not turn that stove down for that price, but I would inspect it and see the condition of the cat. For that price if the stove is in good condition I would factor in buying a new cat and door gaskets anyway just for kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.