Sigh. Getting my last load of Envi logs soon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bmwloco

Hearth Supporter
Jan 17, 2008
Asheville NC
Oh, bother.

I have been burning Envi logs for over 4 years. Great heat, consistent burn times, no muss, no fuss. My old VC Resolute just hums with 'em.

Called for a delivery. 2 days later I got a call back. My Envi log dealer is getting out of the business. Not enough profit he says. I'm getting one pallet of Envi logs - the smaller 6 pack variety. It should get us through the winter (we just have a big old 1923 brick house - it knocks the chill down nicely)

If I had room, I'd become a dealer. But alas, no room. So, if anyone knows of an Envi log dealer within 100 miles of Asheville NC, please let me know!

Why not just burn real wood?

Why? Because I did the math.

Got rid of my log splitter, no more loading wood on my truck, hauling it home, cutting it and stacking it. Chainsaw is pretty much retired too.

Stacks up nicely in the garage, burns 8 hours consistently, and no muss, no fuss. Makes my old Resolute a consistent and dependable heat source - and the dogs truly appreciate it.

Picked up 10 6 packs of RedStone Envir logs... Going to mix it in with a few Envi logs and see what kind of burn I can get. $3.49 per six pack. Not too bad. Still cheap by comparison.

My good old Resolute is got both Stirling Engines rolling at the moment... compliments of Envi Logs... and thanks to Tractor Supply, more compressed hardwood dust logs at $3.38 a 6 pack.

Might as well just turn on the furnace.

House is brick. 1923. Concrete and brick. Concrete is 2' thick on the third floor. Radiator is good, and we have a gas fired furnace. Meh. Ceilings run 13 - 15 feet.

We keep the house at 62F. Cost effective and warm enough.

The Resolute will bring the living room up from 65F to 72-74F, and that glowing box is a Dog TV. With three dogs over 50lbs... you get the idea.

Reactions: STJP
how many compressed logs are you putting in at the same time to make your 8 hours?

Reactions: STJP
bmwloco,

Tell us more re number logs and burn etc. BTW I used to visit the Brevard area a good bit as a field biologist in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Envi logs sound very interesting. Tell us more.

Stjp