*sigh* It’s not easy being a guy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
One of the batteries for my cordless drill died.

And new batteries are almost as much as a new drill!

I feel for ya, Hoss.

Happened to me, too.

So glad I was smart enough to have a spare.

;-P

hossthehermit said:

You go guy...today I went to Victoria Secret to buy my wife something nice. As I held up some under garments that look so small I could not help the feeling that all the woman employees just were staring at me laughing at me. No one came up to help so I left. Now I sit here on Hearth.com when I could be...well you know. ;-)

That happened to me and I turned it into an excuse to buy the new dewalt lithium ion cordless ;)

" But honey... just think of all the things I can build for you now... "

Have you tried contacting Batteries Plus near the Mall . . . perhaps they can repair or recondition the battery . . . or offer a more affordable replacement battery? I know we've had good luck getting affordable stretcher batteries there.

There isn't enough alcohol in the whole state to mix with a glass of Moxie to make it drinkable.

yooperdave said:
hossthehermit said:

Is there some way you could get a little help from Moxie?

Just remember, if you go to the battery store, take a woman with you so that you're not taken for a brainless twit and overcharged. (Get it? overcharged? I crack myself up!)

Shocking SL, are you trying to polarize this thread? lol

Watt? You think I'm trying to generate a problem? Not at all--I'm completely neutral. I just don't want the gang at the store thinking Hoss is dimmer than he is, and shorting him. That's why I suggested he find someone with a pigtail to go in with him and keep the lines of communication open, so they don't socket to him.

I know I don't have very many posts to ground here, but shouldn't the lines of this thread be insulated against sexist charges?

NATE379 said:
There isn't enough alcohol in the whole state to mix with a glass of Moxie to make it drinkable.

yooperdave said:
hossthehermit said:

Is there some way you could get a little help from Moxie?

You, sir, are correct.

I was talking to my girlfriend.
Told her I was stressed.
Said I was going off the deep end.
She said, "God, for once, give it a rest."

Todd Snider
"Can't Complain"

I like Moxie . . . nix that . . . I love Moxie.

I'm not quite sure about Nate or Hoss . . . starting to wonder if they're really native Mainiacs. ;) :)

snowleopard said:
Watt? You think I'm trying to generate a problem? Not at all--I'm completely neutral. I just don't want the gang at the store thinking Hoss is dimmer than he is, and shorting him. That's why I suggested he find someone with a pigtail to go in with him and keep the lines of communication open, so they don't socket to him.

You have just got to let this part of you out for a walk more often Snow.

Very funny & thanks, spit my coffee all over my keyboard but thanks anyway. :lol: :lol:

Jags said:
I need a hug.

I sent you a hat several months ago . . . that's all you're getting from me. ;)

firefighterjake said:
Jags said:
I need a hug.

I sent you a hat several months ago . . . that's all you're getting from me. ;)

And I wear it proudly, Jake. Thanks. But my GF just rolled her eyes and laughed when she heard the whole story.

I was serious about Batteries Plus . . . I called today and they said they can rebuild the batteries and the price depends on the brand and voltage.

He said an 18 volt Ryobi would be around $29.99 with the highest price being $59.99 for a Snap On cordless battery.

everyone has overlooked the simple solution

Hoss, you need to put it in the charger occasionally.................
read the directions
oh, thats right its a guy thing

Directions? What is this word you speak of IronPony?

Status
Not open for further replies.