SIL woodlot score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
I've been talking about going to my SIL's place for quite a while, but hadn't made it.....until yesterday.
Cut one 12"ish slightly punky oak. Some of it for her, and some for me.
1112121645.jpg
Also cut a small downed oak for her, and started on another 12"ish.
Tons of stuff on the ground that's still in good shape, and a bunch of leaners that I plan to take down.
I may have hit a goldmine.
ETA: I actually did make one other trip over there a few weeks ago, but only brought back a very small amount of maple in the back of her Liberty.

Nice score PapaDave, still looks like there's plenty of good wood left. ::P

zap

Reactions: ScotO
That barkless Oak almost looks like you could burn it,almost! That's a nice mix PapaDave, trade you some Cherry for Oak. ;)

W.I.G. = Wood Is Good
Zap

Reactions: ScotO
I've been talking about going to my SIL's place for quite a while, but hadn't made it.....until yesterday.
Cut one 12"ish slightly punky oak. Some of it for her, and some for me.
View attachment 80927
Also cut a small downed oak for her, and started on another 12"ish.
Tons of stuff on the ground that's still in good shape, and a bunch of leaners that I plan to take down.
I may have hit a goldmine.
Lol....Thats exactly the way I haul my wood, nice score!

milleo, my brother borrowed the utility trailer to take his quad out to hunting camp, so I have to make do for a couple trips.
Back of the Jeep was starting to squat a little, so I quit loading.
zap, the barkless tree will no doubt dry sooner than normal once split. I should take the MM with me. It's an old ligno that was meant for lumber.
I've been cutting her stuff @ 11-12" (small stove).......what a pain. >>

Reactions: ScotO and milleo
That be some good gold for ya....cha ching!!:). Nice scoring, now where is that tally sheet..

Glad you got back there Dave. That oak really looks good too. Must be you don't go to deer camp?

Pd
You're becoming quite the scrounger.
Free wood keeps adding up, you'll be way ahead & save some $$

No, no deer camp for me. Tried it a couple season many,.....many moons ago. Decided it wasn't for me.
Sold the rifle, but now wish I'd kept it.
Dave, yep. I've gotten 30 cord in log loads, but that's tough this year for us.
This year is going well so far with scrounging. I'd like to get another couple cord c/s/s before the weather closes in.
I may not need to order any like I thought I would.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.