Silicone around outside intake kit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trogers

Aug 25, 2008
Southern NH
I'm installing an outside air kit onto my Harman Accentra insert this weekend and have bought all the parts, but I was told at the shop where I bought the parts that I do not need to silicone the joint of the flex pipe to the outside airvent o to the stove...is this correct> If I do need to silicone these areas, do I need to use some sort of high-heat silicone, or can I just use a tube of clear bathroom silicone that I already have at the house?

I appreciate the help.

Look at these.

Eric

Attachments

• P1040064.JPG
    P1040064.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 308
  • P1040250.JPG
    P1040250.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 321
[quote author="kinsman stoves" date="1224899609"]Look at these.

Eric[/quote

So, I should be using this stuff?

NH Pellet Head said:
I'm installing an outside air kit onto my Harman Accentra insert this weekend and have bought all the parts, but I was told at the shop where I bought the parts that I do not need to silicone the joint of the flex pipe to the outside airvent o to the stove...is this correct> If I do need to silicone these areas, do I need to use some sort of high-heat silicone, or can I just use a tube of clear bathroom silicone that I already have at the house?

I appreciate the help.

It's cold air, fer cryin' out loud! I really don't think it matters if you use silly putty, silicone, bubble gum, or absolutely nothing. Think about it.

I didn't use any and it seems to work just fine,pulls in that nice cold air.I will go and see if I have some silly putty thou :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.