Silly baffle question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnalogKid

Burning Hunk
Oct 22, 2012
CT
Kind of a silly question..... I am prepping my stove to begin burning here shortly. I removed the 2 baffels that rest on the secondary tubes and the fire blanket, since I will be sending a Sooteater down my chimney next week.

I noticed the baffles have some marks, slight dents, etc. on the sides that were facing down, from contact with wood upon loading. The tops sides look new. Is it OK to flip them over each year to distribute the wear on them?

Thanks!

Probably OK. This season stop loading the stove up to the burn tubes.

It won't really matter till the baffle has been compromised. As long as it is there - it is performing. And X2 for BG's statement...quit hitting the baffle.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.