Simple cooking tip: tartar sauce

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even better than that..........put raisins in your meatballs!! Once you go "raisins" you'll never go back!

-Soupy1957

Huh, I just mix relish and mayo, though I use tartar sauce maybe every couple years.

Adios Pantalones said:
Very simple- make your own tartar sauce with pepperoncinis instead of pickles. My wife uses just diced pepperoncinis and mayo. It will blow your mind. I tell her she should go into biddnizz.

Do ya still use lemon juice or no?

We don't, but ya could experiment. She doesn't even usually bother with the onion. we do a lot of "throw all available veggies and some fish" in foil on the grill and I always liked it- but with this pepperoncini tartar sauce, I really look forward to it. That and my wife's skillet crab cakes.

Adios Pantalones said:
That and my wife's skillet crab cakes.

Quit talking about crab cakes to a flatlander. Good ones don't exist around these parts (and I LOVE 'em).

Hmmm- if you can't get crab, then maybe try it with these: (I recommend catchin them yourself)

259918_1928661628262_1593856002_1865669_4260446_n.jpg

Adios Pantalones said:
Hmmm- if you can't get crab, then maybe try it with these: (I recommend catchin them yourself)

259918_1928661628262_1593856002_1865669_4260446_n.jpg

That's just mean.

Mean to you, or to the boiled bugs?

Here's all #183 of me pulling traps hand over hand on my brother's boat. (I think I posted this before). This is mean- especially when someone else's trap line crosses yours and you're hauling 2 sets of gear up at once. Ooof
246986_2147171516779_1171042377_32690131_7752565_n.jpg

You ain't foolin' no one AP. The rope is slack. :coolsmirk:

I ain't worried about being mean to the bugs - heck, I wanna eat them.

Mean to me, of course. I could set a billion traps and never catch one around here.

Adios Pantalones said:
I think I was throwing one over when we re-set there. I wish we had some of that cold rain today that we had then.

Crab/lobster fishing is on my bucket list. I figure I only got 40 or 50 more years to go, but I'm gonna do it some day.

Throw the traps in, come back an hour later and you have lobsters- so what you do is check the traps early, re-bait, go fishing for stripers and listen to the Red Sox game, then go check the traps again and cook them on the boat (or on the shore of a local island).

It's a tough day's work, and you come home smelling like them and covered in butter.

Adios Pantalones said:
It's a tough day's work, and you come home smelling like them and covered in butter.

Quit it. There are few things that can make me think unsavory thoughts, but fresh lobster and butter is getting close.

That's it AP, I'm going to have a limousin rib-in ribeye tonight, grass fed, dry aged for a month, 20 oz should do it. On a very hot oak barbie. So there. But darn the sea bugs look good too!

Czech said:
That's it AP, I'm going to have a limousin rib-in ribeye tonight, grass fed, dry aged for a month, 20 oz should do it. On a very hot oak barbie. So there. But darn the sea bugs look good too!

Nuthin wrong with that, boss!

Hell yeah, I'm game for "fishing" for strippers too.

Adios Pantalones said:
Throw the traps in, come back an hour later and you have lobsters- so what you do is check the traps early, re-bait, go fishing for stripers and listen to the Red Sox game, then go check the traps again and cook them on the boat (or on the shore of a local island).

Adios Pantalones said:
If you fish for strippers, you may come home smelling bad and covered in butter as well.

But it does sound like a good way to spend an evening.

How 'bout a plate of steamahs with butta to go with the lobsta...

Ipswich steamers(drool)

"How did you like your lobster Mr. Smith?"

"Ma'am that's the biggest bug I ever ate."

- Steve McQueen in Nevada Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.