simple math help ,with 4way valve/outdoor reset pic!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atvalaska

Jul 22, 2014
nenana
this isn't hard :( ..but its got me down! .(.I rode the short bus to school /when I didn't have walk, uphill both ways!) I'm trying to get my reset ratio right it sayz 72 /72 on the paper work/pic....(btw 72 would be a miserably hot day) so lets say my outdoor temp for the next few months is going to be 10 degs or more like zero I figured 10' f is a lot closer to actual's, then 72 would ever be ! and my indoor temp > I have it set for 70 (wifes feet ) simplify the math to get to my reset ratio number ...beers to ya Screenshot (1).png

So whats the supply temp?

If Im reading this right.. assuming a supply temp of 140

140-72=68
72-10=62
68/62=1.09 or rather 1.1

Reactions: ewdudley
boiler supply is 180 to the 4way ...i have the 4way valve set to knock the supply temp to the.... none/110.... at the manifold

I would think that the are referring to the manifold supply temp 110 but I don't know. I am sure that someone here does...

Assuming that they want the supply at the manifold temp...

110-72=38
72-10=62
38/62=0.6

Status
Not open for further replies.