Simple question; poll inside.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Which wouldya get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanhudson

Burning Hunk
Feb 18, 2012
South Dakota
Assuming price/availability wasn't a factor...
Husky Helmet.jpg
Labonville Helmet.jpg
(I hope this poll works)

Just because I own the Husky and thats all I have worn.

Is the other one a Screen face? Or a plastic face (shield)? I only ask because All (I mean ALL) of my Plastic front masks for Grinding (what have you) all have a Ton of scratches and get cloudy within a year. Even if taken good care of.

I got the Husky one, only because there was a deal going which included a set of Kevlar gloves. I'm sure they're both fine. Does the Labonville one come with a neck guard? It's not shown on the Husky one, but I'm pretty sure that model comes with one (it's a little plastic apron that comes out from beneath the helmet and covers your neck to keep the sun off and debris out).

They both look good. I have been happy with my Husqvarna setup. I choose it over the Stihl because it was $10 cheaper (I have Stihl chaps though).

I got the Husky one, only because there was a deal going which included a set of Kevlar gloves. I'm sure they're both fine. Does the Labonville one come with a neck guard? It's not shown on the Husky one, but I'm pretty sure that model comes with one (it's a little plastic apron that comes out from beneath the helmet and covers your neck to keep the sun off and debris out).

No clue on the neck guard. I'm leaning towards the labonville one because it looks like it is constructed with metal attaching the ear muffs and visor, while I believe the Husky one is plastic (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Owned Elvex Pro-Guard System (very similar to both) since 1994.Bought it at local Northern Tool,soon after it opened here.The earmuff swivel mounts broke several years ago,I removed the remaining pieces & use corded earplugs instead.Only difference is ears get cold in winter when I dont wear my hardhat liner or artic hat w/fold down muffs.

Am either gonna get one of those neck guards or fabricate one soon.Tired of rain,snow,chips & dirt falling down my back.

Rockman Pro is my choice. A C

Rockman Pro is my choice. A C

I have the Husky one. All they are is plastic hats with ear muffs. Either one ought to be fine. Getting in the habit of waiting to raise the screen before you spit is kinda hard...

I have the Labonville one. I bought it at the same time as my chaps. It rides around in the back seat of my 350 quite a bit and my kids play with it when they are back there. They haven't torn it up, ... yet. That's about the best endorsement that I can give it. No complaints. Every time that I'm wearing it and I get slapped in the head with limb, I'm glad that I have it. I have had to clean the spit off the screen once. Hopefully that won't happen again. DOH! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.